NCTC Course Descriptions
This training will be designed to give narcotics operators information and skills to make them more effective, comfortable and confident operating in any level of light. This course will be conducted at night. Students are required to bring hand-held light.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand the difference between uncontrollable ambient light, vs. controllable light.
- Identify the pros and cons of high intensity, hand-held lights and the different lighting options available to them.
- Know how and when to overpower the ambient light.
- Utilize light, shadow and darkness to remain concealed and manipulate subjects’ perceptions.
- Use their lights to communicate with other officers as well as with the perpetrators.
- Observe, track and de-conflict with other members of the narcotics team, as well as with uniformed patrol personnel and other law enforcement agencies, i.e., DEA, ATF.
- Know and demonstrate concepts and techniques such as slide-by, pass-off, painting the path, compressed period, and misdirection.
- Operate and display good decision-making skills in high stress, force-on-force scenarios and drills.
Course Length: 2 days/16 hours.
Who May Attend: Law Enforcement.