Apply For Registration
Law Enforcement & Military Personnel Only
Questions? - Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration for this training DOES NOT confirm your enrollment in the course.
NCTC makes its student selections 45-60 days before the start of the course,
at which time you will receive an email if your registration is accepted.
This course is designed for criminal intelligence analysts, special agents, and other investigators. Students with any level of familiarity with the Internet and computers, from beginning to advanced, will find this course beneficial.
The program gives students an up-to-date understanding of how social networking sites work and how members act and interact. Student will learn what information is available on various sites and how to integrate that information into criminal investigations and criminal intelligence analysis.
Too often, investigators and analysts overlook or underutilize these valuable resources. Social networking sites are virtual communities. As in any large community, criminal organizations, fraud, violet crime, and victimization exist. Investigators need to understand these communities along with the tools, tricks, and techniques to prevent, track, and solve crimes.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will learn about:
- OSINT and Criminal Investigations
- Metadata Exploitation in Criminal Investigations
- Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) Collection Tools: Creating an Inexpensive OSINT Toolbox
- EXIF Tags and Geolocation of Devices for Investigations and Operational Security
- Online Undercover Operations: Observation and Infiltration
- Law Enforcement Interaction with Internet Service Providers: Data Retention and the Service of Legal Process
- What Investigators Need to Know about Emerging Technologies Used to Hide on the Internet
- Proxies, VPNs, Tor, Onion Routers, Deepnet, and Darknet: A Deep Dive for Criminal Investigators
Course Length: 3 Days/24 Hours.
Who May Attend: Law Enforcement and Military Intelligence.