Apply For Registration
Law Enforcement & Military Personnel Only
Questions? - Email email@example.com
Registration for this training DOES NOT confirm your enrollment in the course.
NCTC makes its student selections 45-60 days before the start of the course,
at which time you will receive an email if your registration is accepted.
Narcotic investigators are faced with a challenge and dynamic assignment of proactively targeting individuals involved in the illicit manufacture, distribution, and/or possession of narcotics. Oftentimes, investigators are assigned to a narcotic unit and receive limited training. This can inadvertently lead to critical errors in various aspects of narcotic-related investigations. This five-day training course will properly prepare officers with the tools they need to successfully conduct a narcotic investigation. Officers will receive in-depth training on common street drug identification, paraphernalia, cutting agents, current prices, and terminology.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Identify commonly abused illegal narcotics and abused prescription drugs
- Recognize cutting agents and drug paraphernalia
- Recognize clandestine labs
- Recognize and assist drug endangered children
- Recite updated narcotic search & seizure laws
- Conduct interview and interrogation of narcotic suspects
- Cultivate confidential informants
- Conduct controlled operations and operation briefings
- Identify methods to process warrant scenes
- Identify and conduct drug-related overdose death investigations
- Conduct covert surveillance
- Recognize ethical dilemmas during narcotic investigations
Course Length: 5 days/ 40 hours
Who May Attend: Law Enforcement