NCTC Course Descriptions
This course trains new and experienced undercover officers to conduct safe and efficient undercover narcotic operations and understand the roles and responsibilities of other team members. The course stresses how to conduct every undercover operation safely and efficiently. In addition to classroom instruction, the course includes many practical exercises.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Learn how to develop a cover story to establish credibility with the drug dealer.
- Negotiate a drug purchase.
- Purchase drugs in an undercover capacity.
- Perform undercover duties safely.
- Properly debrief a confidential informant after a controlled buy.
- Perform investigative duties pertaining to undercover assignments.
- Perform administrative duties pertaining to undercover assignments.
- Discuss and demonstrate the 14 Undercover Rules and Reminders for Survival.
Course Length: 5 days/40 hours.
Who May Attend: Law Enforcement.