NCTC Course Descriptions
This military-led course is designed to give a familiarization with basic tactical navigation and surveillance techniques for use in the planning of safe and efficient woodland operations.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Plan a mission following the necessary procedures and policies.
- Mitigate risk factors by effectively identifying and strategizing to minimize the risks inherent to a mission.
- Conduct a patrol from a known point to an unknown point using proper movement techniques, hand and arm signals, and land navigation.
- Develop a mission-oriented packing list and conduct pre-mission equipment checks for accountability and serviceability.
- Demonstrate basic first aid procedures, teamwork supporting those procedures, and elements affecting response of medical care.
- Apply proper camouflage procedures during the creation of an effective hide site.
- Successfully complete a field training exercise by applying the course objectives to a given situation.
Course Length: 4 days/32hours.
Who May Attend: Law Enforcement, Corrections, Military.