Apply For Registration
Law Enforcement & Military Personnel Only
Questions? - Email email@example.com
Registration for this training DOES NOT confirm your enrollment in the course.
NCTC makes its student selections 45-60 days before the start of the course,
at which time you will receive an email if your registration is accepted.
Technology saturates our everyday lives. Yet, so many technologies are being developed with the specific purpose of targeting police officers or hiding criminal activity. This is a unique and eye-opening class for prosecutors, law enforcement personnel and anyone working in the judicial system who wants to learn more on how technologies are being used (or misused) to commit crimes, avoid or detect investigations, and to conduct counter surveillance. However, not only will this class examine and demonstrate how individuals are misusing these technologies, it will also reveal simple, inexpensive ways to mitigate their success as well as provide some investigative tips. Although dealing with technology issues, this course is instructed in a manner that both the novice and the expert will understand and appreciate. The course utilizes a combination of lecture, multimedia examples, case studies, and live demonstrations involving the attendees.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
Delineate the categories of digital threats and counter surveillance facing
2. Relate the categories and methodologies of those threats to an officers professional and personal life
3. Recognize the misuse of new technologies in committing a crime and/or avoiding detection
4. Associate the suspect use of technology to past and present cases
5. Examine the personal dangers to officer and family members
6. Recall methods and tips provided to mitigate the threat
7. Apply skills and techniques discussed to day-to-day law enforcement duties and obligations
8. Employ up to date skills and knowledge drawn from the instructional materials
9. Utilize the additional source material and resources provided to the officer in their investigations
Course Length: 2 days/ 16 hours
Who May Attend: Law Enforcement, Prosecutors, Law Enforcement Support, Military