NCTC Course Descriptions
This course provides students with the skills necessary to conduct successful commercial vehicle interdiction. It will equip students with the ability to make a rapid assessment on whether narcotics activity is taking place. This rapid assessment can be enhanced by becoming familiar with current criminal trends and understanding how to use this information to confirm or deny one’s suspicion. The skills learned during this course are taught, not only through the classroom, but through hands-on training and searching of commercial motor vehicles. Students are taught how to locate hidden compartments and electronic traps on these vehicles, as well as learning the vehicle’s natural voids.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate how to successfully locate narcotics in hidden compartments or electronic traps.
- Identify commercial trucks’ natural voids.
- Demonstrate the use of proper interview techniques on roadside encounters.
- Recognize both physical and behavioral indicators of deception.
- Observe and recognize indicators associated with narcotics activity.
Course Length: 3 days/24 hours.
Who May Attend: Law Enforcement, Corrections, Military.
Vehicle Interdiction (Commercial)
Wednesday, June 3, 2020 - Friday, June 5, 2020, Registration 0730 Class Starts 0800 - 1700
Annville, PA - BLDG 8-65