NCTC Course Descriptions
The targeted focus of this course is to establish an understanding of how financial information and processes are directly related to money laundering. This class will then demonstrate how laundering factors into criminal enterprise, transnational crime organizations, drug cartels, region instability, armed conflict, terrorist organizations, insurgencies, destabilized countries, compromised democratic governments, and situational upheaval.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
Define and identify the importance
of a financial investigation and how money laundering and associated processes
support criminal organizations
2. Identify roles, methods, and fraudulent business practices used by criminals to launder money
3. Conduct an interview focused on the methods used by a drug trafficking organization to launder and disguise illicit proceeds and the sources available to obtain information
4. Utilize the indirect methods of accounting to determine income from illegal sources
5. Understand the role of an undercover agent in a financial investigation
6. Know what is needed to obtain a financial search warrant
Course Length: 2 days/ 16 hours
Who May Attend: Law Enforcement, Law Enforcement Support
There are no classes scheduled at this time, please check back later for course availability. If you would like to request or host a NCTC course click here.