Apply For Registration
Law Enforcement & Military Personnel Only
Questions? - Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration for this training DOES NOT confirm your enrollment in the course.
NCTC makes its student selections 45-60 days before the start of the course,
at which time you will receive an email if your registration is accepted.
This course presents an historical perspective of early motorcycle clubs and their evolvement into today’s traditional outlaw motorcycle gangs (OMG). The historical perspective will continue with a discussion of each of the major groups. In addition, the students will be exposed to the current status of a large portion of clubs who operate in the northeast as well as a nationwide perspective. The class will also address specifics detailing gang membership and associates, identification, investigative techniques, involvement in drug trafficking, officer safety, weapons, criminal activities, gang intimidation techniques, key words and phrases, the recruitment and usage of confidential informants, current gang intelligence/trends, and a review and discussion of possible future gang activities and the link to narcotics financing the operational component of the gang.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Identify OMGs and gang members from indicators, including tattoos, colors, key words, abbreviations, and slogans.
- Understand the history of OMGs in the United States and appreciate how this knowledge can be used to law enforcement’s advantage.
- Display a working knowledge of OMG narcotics investigations.
- Understand the techniques necessary to successfully recruit confidential informants within the gang.
- Discuss the importance of officer safety when dealing with members of OMGs from both an investigative and a patrol perspective.
- Understand the necessity of information sharing and intelligence gathering as it relates to potential investigative activities targeting OMGs.
Course Length: 2 days/16 hours.
Who May Attend: Law Enforcement, Military Intelligence.