Apply For Registration
Law Enforcement & Military Personnel Only
Questions? - Email email@example.com
Registration for this training DOES NOT confirm your enrollment in the course.
NCTC makes its student selections 45-60 days before the start of the course,
at which time you will receive an email if your registration is accepted.
This course was developed to enable leaders of drug task force units to devise proactive strategies to improve the operation of their organization. This will enhance their ability to supervise and lead a drug task force unit. The course is designed to provide guidance, share best practices, and elicit student participation. This course will use lecture, group discussion, individual activities, and small-group breakout activities to identify and illustrate best practices needed to effectively lead and manage a drug task force unit.
Upon Successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
ways in which intelligence-led narcotics enforcement positions a drug task
force organization to detect, deter, and investigate illegal narcotics activity
2. Explain how adapting a leadership style can improve an organization’s leader’s ability to manage a drug task force unit
3. Know how to recognize and adapt to differences in behavioral and communication styles (Dominance, Influence, Steadiness, Conscientiousness) and thereby, improve communication with subordinates, colleagues, and superiors
4. Understand how knowledge of different behavioral styles (Dominance, Influence, Steadiness, Conscientiousness) can reduce conflict and mistakes due to ineffective communications
5. Understand how to develop a strategic plan for a drug task force and identify key elements of a strategic plan for a drug task force unit
6. Know how to develop an effective Memorandum of Understanding
7. Know how to develop protocols for positive exploitation of media and successful interagency relationships
8. Know how to coordinate operations and implement proven methods for executing an operational plan
9. Develop effective programs, policies and procedures to use community engagement in support of the detection and investigation of illegal narcotics trafficking
10. Analyze a scenario and apply the appropriate principles and techniques learned in this course to address issues confronting police leaders
Course Length: 5 days/ 40 hours
Who May Attend: Law Enforcement, Corrections, Military