Apply For Registration
Law Enforcement & Military Personnel Only
Questions? - Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration for this training DOES NOT confirm your enrollment in the course.
NCTC makes its student selections 45-60 days before the start of the course,
at which time you will receive an email if your registration is accepted.
This course is designed on the premise that participants have little or no experience with video. Students will be exposed to state-of-the-art video surveillance systems and will be offered the opportunity to use them in realistic “hands-on” scenarios.
Participants will learn how to use video camcorders and the associated technology to supplement their work to record narcotic crime scenes, narcotics trafficking, drug smuggling, transportation and distribution, auto theft operations, murder-for-hire investigations, monitoring registered sex offenders, and other forms of criminal activity.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Use camcorders/video and covert video systems to record evidence of criminal activity.
- Document surveillance video and other forms of uncontrolled action.
- Conduct long range video surveillance for intelligence gathering
- Safely plan surveillance operations while maintaining situational awareness.
- Operate video equipment in low light and no light situations.
- Use the “Elements of Continuity” to shoot edit-free video.
- Record other surveillance video using analog input on a digital camcorder.
- Use basic covert video systems for close-in surveillance.
Participants are encouraged to bring some or all of the following equipment:
- Video camcorders/surveillance systems used by their department (any format-tapes or digital media)
- Accessories (media cards, tapes, batteries, charger, night scopes, tripods)
- Covert audio and video systems, including cameras and recorders
- Unmarked vehicle
Course Length: 3 days/24 hours.
Who may attend this class: Law Enforcement, Military (SF, MP only), and Law Enforcement Support.