Apply For Registration
Law Enforcement & Military Personnel Only
Questions? - Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration for this training DOES NOT confirm your enrollment in the course.
NCTC makes its student selections 45-60 days before the start of the course,
at which time you will receive an email if your registration is accepted.
This two-day course provides an in-depth look at the latest criminal patrol techniques being utilized by successful interdiction units. Students will be able to recognize potential criminal indicators and what these indicators could mean. The course will encompass the professional roadside interview and officer safety issues. Furthermore, staff will showcase the latest concealment methods used by drug trafficking organizations. Students will walk through each step, from the initial traffic stop to the post-seizure arrest.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Describe the relationship between increased traffic enforcement and reduction of drug trafficking.
- Describe several case studies to show how traffic enforcement reduces drug trafficking.
- Identify certain indicators of criminal activity and their meaning.
- Describe reasons and justifications for traffic stops.
- Describe and understand pre-textual stops.
- Describe types of searches.
- Describe techniques for the officer to use at the stop.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of some of the imaginative areas criminals use to conceal illegal narcotics.
- Describe how to safely access these compartments in various vehicles.
- Identify ways to minimize risks from traffic conditions at the stop.
- Identify ways to safely interact with the vehicle occupants while making a traffic stop.
- Identify the importance of a "passenger side approach."
- Identify safety procedures to consider while conducting searches of vehicles.
- Identify special Commercial Motor Vehicle Safety issues during a stop.
Course Length: 2 days/16 hours.
Who May Attend: Law Enforcement.